How to Spot a Bylaw Infraction
How long will it take to get a relaxation permit?
What to do when you evaluate a home
How did these eaves affect timelines?
This client ordered the Real Property Report when they had a signed offer and a closing date. In hindsight, they would have avoided the holdback (and related stress) had they ordered immediately when they listed. Here are the details:
- April 24, Friday – Real Property Report ordered
- April 27, Monday – Complete report delivered to the client and the City of Calgary
- May 1, Friday – Sale Closed (with a holdback pending the Compliance Certificate)
- May 7, Thursday – City provided a letter outlining Non-Compliance
- May 8, Friday – Applied for a Relaxation Development Permit on behalf of our client
- June 1, Monday – Decision (approval) received, with a 3 week waiting period
- June 22, Monday – Final approval received
- Total time: Two Months
The Third Rock team gave a strong performance, delivering the final report in less than one business day. We did the same when handling the Development Permit application. The timelines associated with the applications are typical when a relaxation permit is requested. The City requires time to process the document through the appropriate internal department(s) and a three week period to advertise to the public to allow for appeals.
Give us a call
At THIRD ROCK GEOMATICS we are experts in Real Property Reports. We offer turnaround time in 5 business days or less, we have great looking plans designed with your clients in mind, and offer fixed price services. Do we sound like a great addition to your team?